Expanding Economic Opportunities
A strong middle-class is the key to a thriving economy. Emily will continue to fight to make sure Virginia’s economy works for everyone, not just the wealthy. She will:
- Raise the minimum wage
- Promote workforce development and opportunities to re-train job seekers
- Strengthen the region’s educational system so our kids are prepared for the future
- Make college more affordable for hard working families
- Increase access to affordable healthcare
To prepare Virginians for the jobs of the future, every child should have EQUAL access to a quality, affordable education. Emily believes in supporting children and their parents, teachers and the school systems. Additionally, Emily will work to make sure all Virginians have access to affordable higher education.
Emily believes that access to affordable healthcare is fundamental to Virginia families and will fight against Republican attacks to limit access to quality healthcare.
As the daughter of a nurse, Emily knows how important it is for women to make their own health care decisions, not politicians. She’ll always protect a woman’s access to reproductive health care, including affordable birth control.
Virginia’s Natural and Historic Resources
The James River is a jewel in the middle of our community-as are the thousands of creeks and streams that run through our backyards. With so much history, cultural heritage and scenic beauty, it is critical that we protect the natural resources that make our region and Virginia so enticing for businesses and residents.
- Protect the James and all of Virginia’s rivers from pollution
- Protect Virginia’s working farms and open spaces
- Ensure our state parks and historic sites are fully funded
- Protect our communities from the threats of climate change
Keeping Guns Away from Criminals
Emily will stand up to extremists in the gun lobby to pass common sense reforms like closing loopholes that allowed criminals to buy a gun with no questions asked.
Helping to Grow Small Business
Small businesses are the foundation of our local economy. Innovative businesses are using local talent to generate local products and provide critical services to the Richmond region. To encourage more small business advancements Emily will:
- Support parity between bricks and mortar businesses and online providers
- Encourage additional access to capital resources for small businesses
- Support expanded access to incubators, accelerators and other small business support
Virginians deserve an accessible and transparent state government. Emily is dedicated to comprehensive ethics reform and increasing citizen participation in democracy by removing barriers to voting, ensuring non-partisan redistricting, limiting the influence of campaign contributors and letting more sunshine into the halls of the Capitol.